WORK WITH US
JOB TITLE: Care Assistant
LOCATION: Breadstone House, Kington and Northleach
REPORT TO: Person in charge of the shift
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Director of Care
The purpose of the Care Assistant is to assist with the care of residents in support of and under the direction of more senior staff. To share with other members of staff to meet the personal care of residents in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence. The Care Assistant also helps in the care of the resident’s physical environment and in the general day-to-day activities.
- Reading, being familiar with and following the policies of the Centre and Blanchworth Care.
- Participate in research, staff meetings and in-service training.
- Participate in and promote teamwork and good working relationships.
- Arriving on duty punctually, correctly dressed with a tidy appearance.
- Reporting to the person in charge when arriving and leaving.
- Notifying the office of any intended absence from duty and the date of intended return as soon as practically possible.
- Reporting all incidents and accidents involving residents, visitors, self or any other person as they occur.
- Ensure the safe custody of residents’ belongings and valuables.
- Know and be ready to follow the correct fire, health & safety and complaints procedures for the home.
- Help to provide a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere for the residents’ relatives and friends.
- Make the most effective and economical use of all supplies and equipment.
- As a member of the team, participate in the rehabilitation programme of care to enable residents to reach their full potential.
- Assist in the admission and discharge of residents.
- Implement the Care Plan following the direction of more senior staff.
- Report all changes in resident’s conditions to more senior staff.
- Follow the No-Smoking Policy.
EXAMPLES OF CARE ASSISTANT TASKS:
- Assist residents who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and toileting.
- Care of residents’ hair, mouth, teeth and dentures.
- Shave male residents.
- Help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities.
- Carry out delegated care procedures in accordance with the instructions of the senior staff.
- Help care for the residents who are terminally ill and dying.
- Help in the promotion of the mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- Make and change beds.
- Tidy rooms and light cleaning.
- Empty commodes and clean sluices.
- Care for residents clothing, launder and mend as instructed.
- Set tables and trays; serve meals; feed residents who need help; prepare drinks and small snacks as required.
- Answer emergency bells.
- Act as escort to hospital appointments
- Carry out other tasks as may be allocated to you from time to time.
The important qualities of Care Assistants are kindness, sensitivity, responsibility, respectfulness, loyalty and good manners. It is essential to recognise the importance of working as a team and respecting the code of confidentiality.
How to Apply
Email your CV to email@example.com or post it to Recruitment at Blanchworth Care, The Cider Mill, Blanchworth, Nr Dursley, Glos, GL11 6BB