- Specialists in short and long term residential care for older people
- Historic, imposing Grade II listed manor house in Stroud town centre
- Easy level walking distance to shops, post office, banks, library etc
- 16 places registered with the CSCI as a Care Home for older people
- 14 single and 1 companion room, 12 with en-suite bathrooms
- Three-storey house fitted with shaft lift
- Charming homely sitting room, dining room, colourful patio gardens and attractive conservatory
- Tastefully restored, decorated and furnished to a high standard
- 24 hour long and short term care
The Stroud Valleys are rich, not only in outstanding landscape and breath taking views – but in industrial heritage, an industry based on the rumble of looms and the power of the waterwheel and acient sites, including longbarrows, hill forts and standing stones. The rivers of Stroud were said to have ‘soft’ water, which facilitated dying cloth vivid Stroud Scarlet, and Uley Blue so successfully.
By the mid fifteenth century the region was already notable for the number of cloth makers who made their homes there, and the area’s importance was acknowledged in a 1557 Act of Parliament which aimed to restrict the national manufacture of cloth to town centres, yet specifically exempted: “Any towns or villages near the River Stroud in the county of Gloucester…”
Stroud flourished because of trade generated by cloth making processes and in 1788 Kind George III visited Woodchester Mill to see cloth manufacture first hand.
The visitor today will perhaps be most impressed by the striking subscription rooms, built c.1833 and the steep streets, but the town also has interesting shops and cafes.
Church court is ideally situated close to Stroud town centre. Shops including chemists, the Post Office, banks and the Library are just a short stroll away.
By car, access Church Court via Slad Road, Lansdown Road and Brick Row – or Parliament Street and Ryeleaze Road. There is space for parking at the home and two nearby pubic car parks.
Church Court, Church Street, Stroud, Gloucestershire GL5 1JL
T: 08453 455785
F: 01453 753161